[Noisebridge-discuss] deadline for submissions for 26C3: 9-October

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 17:00:31 UTC 2009

If you are thinking of going to 26C3, here's a reminder that the deadline for submissions for giving a talk or presentation or workshop is October 9th.  Get your submissions in!

If you aren't thinking of going to 26C3, then, well, you should start thinking about it!  26C3 is the 26th Chaos Communications Congress.  For those not familiar with Chaos events:  these are the most amazing annual hacker conferences.  The Chaos Computer Club in Germany has been organizgin these events for over a quarter century, and they have these things down!  So much of what makes Noisebridge what it is comes from Chaos experience that me and Jake (and many others) had while at Chaos events (and what inspired us to start a hacker space here in San Francisco).

It is way worth the trip to Berlin at the end of December to experience what it is like to be in the presence of 4,500 enthusiastic, friendly, creative hackers, almost all of whom love what they do, and want to share it with others and learn from others.  There are talks and presentations and workshops on topics of a huge variety, including:  hardware, security, social phenomena, privacy, robotics, humor, science fiction, art, music, film, etc., etc., etc.  Their Congresses (the German word for "conference") are always December 27th through December 30th, in Berlin.  The official language of all of the Congresses is English, and almost everyone at the Congress (and in Berlin) speaks English very well.

Berlin is also one of my favorite cities in the world, with all of it's culture -- high-brow, low-brow, everything-brow -- where people get together to form community around so many cool things, including C-Base, a mother of all hacker spaces.

Am I sounding too effusive?  I probably am -- but I love these events, and have gained so much from them, personally, and I really want to encourage anyone and everyone to consider checking them out to see what they may gain from them, too.  And the more all of us gain from sharing with and from our community, the more our whole community benefits.

Here is the 26C3 website:

http://events.ccc.de/

Cheers,

Mitch.