[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus and the "old ways".

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 21:17:59 UTC 2009

  When we have disagreement, do we have consensus? If something
  was consensed to by some members some time ago, do we have
  consensus on it now even in the face of vehement disagreement?

  I've understood the consensus process to be about not riding
  roughshod over people in the community; but one side effect of
  it is to allow early decisions to remain unchallenged without
  incredible effort and coordination. Naturally, we can expect a
  bad fit of past rules to present circumstances now and again;
  we've followed consensus in a way that makes adjustment far
  more difficult than it needs to be.

--
Jason Dusek