[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus and the "old ways".

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Thu Oct 1 21:34:37 UTC 2009

One thing that bothers me - that I've seen several times so far - is
the use of threats to block in lieu of offers to compromise.

Is there a good way to deal with this?

I don't like it that there at least occasionally seems to be a
substitution of strength of will for reasonable negotiation, and this
seems to be inherent to a system that allows anyone to veto without
also giving a veto override method.

That, and I thought that blocks (and by extension, threats of blocks)
were supposed to be a never-used thing only brought up when
negotiations fail, not something that's used at the outset as part of
stating one's position...

- Sai