[Noisebridge-discuss] Network, wifi, jukebox updates

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Mon Oct 5 09:15:25 UTC 2009

Andy, Matt Peterson, Leif, Joachim and I worked on a couple things tonight.

Note: Reminder that Noisebridge only provides a connection to the
internet and in no way will make sure your session is secure. Please
take what precautions you want to keeping your machine and the traffic
you deal with secure.

Matt has donated a Pico and Powerstation Ubiquiti wifi access points.
The Pico is running 802.11gb with the SSID "noisebridge" while the
Powerstation is running only on 802.11a with the SSID "noisebridge-a".
The old "2169 Mission" SSID is gone as I've removed the Cisco 1100s.
Both networks are still open and unsecure.

If your machine supports 802.11a, try connecting to the "noisebridge-a"
network, if not try the normal network at "noisebirdge". Both APs get
pretty clean signal through out all the space.

The router is now spitting out the original 172.30.0.0/22 range of IP
addresses. If you were using a static address please check out the
Network wiki page for more details on range.

The jukebox setup now has all static addresses and speakers are hooked
up to zebra. Please check the Music wiki page for more information on
all that.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net