[Noisebridge-discuss] possible electronic equipment donation from the Exploratorium

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Thu Oct 8 18:36:33 UTC 2009

I've been contacted by an Exploratorium person who says,

---
We're cleaning out a lot of our storage and the electronics lab here at
the Explo, and we've got a lot of gear that is either very esoteric, not
germane, in need of minor repair, or just been updated. Most of it is
serviceable, immediately useable, or has still good components.  I think
some of it might be useful or hackable at Noisebridge.

Types of gear include bench power supplies, variacs, oscilloscopes,
frequency counters, vintage multimeters, function generators, frequency
vector meters, etc.  A lot of it was donated by HP/Agilent. We'll be
doing a walkthru of the components this week, and will have a full list
after that.

If Noisebridge is interested, we can even deliver. No promises about
exactly what gets surplussed, but that's probably a pretty good idea of
what.  If someone wanted to come up here beforehand and vet what goes
before we deliver, that would be fine too.
---

If it was a few things I'd just have said, yes, bring it over, thanks!
But it seems like a lot so I figured I'd run it by the list.  I'm
willing to go do the sorting & choosing but I'll need some assistance
from someone with a better sense of what would be Useful to us.

Yay the Exploratorium!

Rachel