[Noisebridge-discuss] cleaning, and you.

Lamont Lucas lamont at cluepon.com
Fri Oct 16 20:22:42 UTC 2009

new thread, old concept.

As soon as I got to noisebridge today, before I set up to tear down an
iPhone (fun) I just spent 20-30 minutes moving chairs back to where they
should be and picking trash off the floors and tables.  It wasn't hard,
I didn't mind it, and I'll probably do more later or the next time I
come in.

For as much energy as the other thread will consume, if people just made
a similar effort each time they came in to clean up slightly more than
the mess they made, we'd eventually have a clean space and everyone
would probably do a better job just from the constant reminding and
visible examples.  Don't just clean up after yourself, do just a tiny
bit more and it will all get done.  When we're done with the iPhone,
we're going to put away every tool we can find (not just the ones we
used) on the hack bench into the bins on the wall behind it.

5mof looks to have been a huge thing last night, and I'm glad for it,
but it only took 20 minutes to put the bulk of the chairs back and clean
up some of the trash.   I also removed a bunch of leftover wrappers,
corks and bottlecaps from work tables, folded blankets and emptied trash
cans with rotting food.

Speaking of which, the trash cans in the elevator are 100% full, and the
extra cans in the space are about 80% full.  I suspect we either need
two pickup days or 2x as much trash space.