[Noisebridge-discuss] That Goddamned Mill update: circuit board success!

Jonathan Foote jtfoote at ieee.org
Sun Oct 18 18:10:46 UTC 2009

Yesterday I did some first experiments using the CNC mill to rout
circuit boards from EagleCAD designs. After some ugly starts, I am
happy to report success!
I started with a fairly challenging test layout (an RS32 level
converter from an SMD AVR Atmega 168 board I designed to work on one
layer). The results can be seen next to the mill  -- the successful
run will be obvious.

Details on my procedure are on the wiki:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/MaxNCMill#EagleCAD

I think there's still room for improvement, but I'm stoked that the
concept is proved!  When I get the process a little more solid, I will
hold a workshop to share it. This will have to wait until I get back
from China in November.  I also worked out some bugs in the
Inkscape-SVG toolchain, so feel free to go wild with that.

Thanks to Mike, Jonathan M., and all for help and encouragement.