[Noisebridge-discuss] a good thing about our mailing list discussions

jim jim at well.com
Sun Oct 18 21:58:41 UTC 2009

   seems to me valuable to point out that discussion on
the mailing list works. the thread goes through changes,
takes on various casts including depression, anger,
dispair..., yet with the effect of amalgamating concrete
suggestions that at some point become a guide to action.

   for example, zedd got the inspiration to stack some
of the small tables on each other to make improvised
shelves. this solved the problem of where to put stuff,
and therefore a group of us then could (and did) clean
out all the crap in the middle classroom.
   not only do we have a brand new useable classroom, we
also have impetus started up again:
* library shelves seem in progress
* stuff from the classroom is classified in large and
there are those who are now sorting the hackable stuff
and reclassifying some as e-waste.
* there's a garbage run today.
* there is an experimental effort to reduce the most
common clutter problem: left-over partially filled drink
containers.

   i think we sometimes expect too much efficiency from
our mailing list. given the world we live in, how did
we get such ideas?