[Noisebridge-discuss] a good thing about our mailing list discussions

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 23:26:18 UTC 2009

Hear here!

It is often said that the best governances are the least efficient.  No one
can argue that what transpires on the list is any model of efficiency.  But
cool stuff does come about, and (hopefully) we only need to work these
things out once.  Some facets of this I see:

- Sometimes people's solutions seem like good ideas but are ultimately
unworkable.  If we don't talk through them, we wind up with solutions, then
solutions to those solutions and people badgering each other for not playing
along when those solutions don't work.  It's much easier to talk through
things than to have to live through them.

- People who are previously unaware of problems can be made aware.  Some may
even have more useful viewpoints than those in the thick of things.  Think
"10,000 ft. view".

- (Hopefully) people will become less attached to their pet solution, so as
to be able to modify it to better suit the group.

Christie
---
Pigs can fly given sufficient thrust.
    - RFC 1925