[Noisebridge-discuss] Shop Class / Mat Fab -- update

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Sat Oct 24 01:37:04 UTC 2009

Hi All,

A while back some of us were gathering on Friday evenings at 8pm for
"Shop Class". This has been on hiatus for a while -- it got subsumed
by the buildout. I'd like to see this pick up again. One direction I
think that'd be fun to explore is to focus on building stuff that's
needed in our new space. For example, furniture, lighting fixtures...
or a nice shop workbench.

Today I picked up some lumber to build a stable workbench for the shop
(thank you Rebecca for driving!). The top is 14-ply Birch hardwood,
and it's based on a simple design that Michael Kan suggested. After
the 7pm sewing workshop tonight (so likely 8-ish) I'll be going over
the design & construction of this, maybe be making a few cuts. I hope
to finish building it this weekend. Anyhow, if you're interested to
join in on the conversation about making time & space for Shop Class /
Mat Fab / Arts & Crafts night at Noisebridge, please stop by.

Ref: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Mat_fab

John

--
John Magolske