[Noisebridge-discuss] Gender & Technology followups from 5Mof

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Thu Oct 1 05:27:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:23 PM, maymay <bitetheappleback at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just be glad you're not as easily pissed off by every inherent (and
> potentially incorrect) assumption you encounter in the world. Most of my
> life is a personal effort to calm myself down from these upsets…. It's not
> what I'd describe as a pleasant existence. I'm working on it….

Well 'pissed off' was a bit strong; I meant it in jest. More like mild
irritation plus a "ha, they're such bulshitters" amusement.

I actually almost never actually get angry. I'm pretty calm. (If anything,
I've been told I can be excessively, disturbingly calm in situations where
people expect me to be angry...)

Why is it that you take things more personally?

- Sai