[Noisebridge-discuss] Gender & Technology followups from 5Mof

maymay bitetheappleback at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 05:51:09 UTC 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Sai Emrys wrote:

> I actually almost never actually get angry. I'm pretty calm. (If
> anything, I've been told I can be excessively, disturbingly calm in
> situations where people expect me to be angry...)

Like, "calm brilliance"?

> Why is it that you take things more personally?
>
> - Sai

Honestly, I'm not sure. I have a history of being pained (in a Bad,
not-fun way) by a lot of people. One can spend a lot of time wondering
whether or not I have such a history because I have tended to take
things more (too?) personally or whether I take things more (too?)
personally because I have been pained in an unfortunate way in my
past. In fact, at least one person (me) does spend a pretty
significant chunk of time wondering about that. :)

Why is it that you almost never get angry?

-maymay