[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus and the "old ways".

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sat Oct 3 02:58:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Christopher Nielsen <cnielsen at pobox.com> wrote:
> I have no interest in kicking anyone out. I don't see consensus as poisonous, but I do see the whining as poisonous. Reasoned discussion is definitely welcome, but I am seeing a lot of name calling, which is
> unproductive. Come to the table with an open mind and possible solutions instead of just complaining that it's broken. As has been mentioned, if you don't like the way Noisebridge operates, there are other hacker
> spaces. No one is forcing you to be a part of Noisebridge.

I think what Crutcher is saying is that he *is* a part of Noisebridge
and wants to *change* how Noisebridge operates. His suggestions don't
violate the One Rule, and as such I think this response to them (like
you gave) - i.e. "tough shit, go somewhere else if you don't like it"
- is rather rude, and (ironically) not consensus-oriented. Are you
even trying to find a consensus with Crutcher, Jason, et al? It's not
apparent, if so.

Why not actually consider other ways of operating? The ideological
thing is a real turn-off, regardless of the ideology.

- Sai