[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus and the "old ways".

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Tue Oct 6 14:52:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Quinn Norton <quinn at quinnnorton.com> wrote:
> Again, these are specific _intellectual_ problems. If you could say
> the consensus processes kills puppies and makes the net go down,

How 'bout "consensus made the DJ booth less accessible"? :-P

Unfair of course to blame it on consensus, but it doesn't seem like
the product of a healthy process, even a healthily doƶcratic one.

FWIW, I mostly agree w/ Crutcher, except that I don't think it's as
much an issue of consensus vs democracy vs whatever, but an issue of
the tone of debate. (I use 'debate' here neutrally, as in a discussion
about non-obvious but decidable questions where fallacies* [including
informal ones, e.g. argumentam ad Hitlerium :p] are disallowed.)

> Ok, I'm a fucking word pedant. I admit it.

<3!

- Sai

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies (kidding aside, this
meta-discussion has seen quite a few...)