[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus and the "old ways".

jim jim at well.com
Tue Oct 6 15:29:21 UTC 2009

one comment below:

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 07:52 -0700, Sai Emrys wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Quinn Norton <quinn at quinnnorton.com> wrote:
> > Again, these are specific _intellectual_ problems. If you could say
> > the consensus processes kills puppies and makes the net go down,
>
> How 'bout "consensus made the DJ booth less accessible"? :-P
JS: walling up the door to the dj booth was a prank; place blame
at the lap of "do-ocracy", which is independent of consensus (i.e.
we could have do-ocracy with a voting process or benevolent
dictatorship or .... some people approve; anyone can de-wall the
entrance; approvers think the ladder at the window is a good
solution--requires motivation for access to an unlocked space.
   re below: seems okay to me: not a big deal to undo it, not
as severe as building a car in someone's office, makes a point
re an intense email thread, nice alternative to yet another
intense email response.