[Noisebridge-discuss] Consensus and the "old ways".

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 05:22:56 UTC 2009

2009/10/06 Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com>:
> OK guys, how about a polite conversation instead of a
> grilling? If you want to change people's minds, you've got to
> spend time discussing your reasoning.

  I'm not sure about Crutcher; but I've endured a lot of
  impromptu and repetitive conversation on this topic which, all
  together, hinders my enjoyment of the space and leads me to
  anticipate -- or really dread -- more such conversation. It's
  a slow grill but it's still a grill.

  You have emphasized that any meaningful change must come with
  conversation; whoever entertains a hope for change must be
  willing to entertain the objections of many people. I agree.
  I am in favour of the consensus process; however, I am happy
  to lead the working group that studies alternatives. A
  well-bounded discussion will give us all peace of mind at
  those times when we'd rather talk about different ways to
  write the factorial function.

  With that in mind, we should have the first meeting of SIGAMOG
  (Special Interest Group: Alternative Models Of Governance) as
  soon as possible. Please schedule through WhenIsGood:

    http://whenisgood.net/h2gcrn

  URLs to fiddle with event:

    http://whenisgood.net/h2gcrn/results/3r4wr5
    http://whenisgood.net/h2gcrn/edit/3r4wr5

  Let's shoot for Friday if we all can do it.

--
Jason Dusek