[Noisebridge-discuss] Deep Crack

jim jim at well.com
Thu Oct 8 07:04:03 UTC 2009

   the machine seems to have the status of "jake's stuff".
   it's not on loan to noisebridge. it's a big honking
thing that jake's gonna leave around for a while, per
what i recall as uncontested examples of a project with
a sign on it "jake's working on this" (jake and several
other people), per last night's meeting. jake et als are
bringing it in at their risk.
   that some of us don't know or care what it is or does
should be okay.
   community issues could be cost of electricity, space
taken, and noise. there seems to be a claim that project
members will pay for the juice (needs a meter to do that
accountably; needs amperage measurement and log of time
on to approximate cost reasonably). as to space and noise,
i'm okay with them bringing it in as long as they're
willing to move it around to find a non-obnoxious place,
that or get it out if others get over-annoyed.
   i'm guessing that noisebridge is not responsible for
someone who steals equipment or illegally uses jake's
stuff (e.g. if someone figures out how to make meth from
frantisek's sour mash and rubin's old hypo solution, are
frantisek and rubin accountable when the meth freak gets
busted?).
   it's a project. we should be supportive of any project,
at least to give its persons a chance.