[Noisebridge-discuss] Looking for Gigapan

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 16:09:51 UTC 2009

i consider gigapan less about the technology and more about the concept
and the stitching software. and i think that is brilliant.

really, any mechanism can be used, but i would still consider that
gigapan came up with the idea (but maybe i'm wrong).

at any rate, i'd love to see a slew of DIY gigapan projects, at
different price/performance points.

i think this is very rich territory which extends way beyond panoramic
views. did you see the work rich gibson's daughter molly is doing with
electron microscopes? totally changes the way electron microscopes have
to be scheduled, and, as you know, they are not cheap. could be applied
to mri and cat scans as well, i assume.

what else could gigapan be applied to? i'd like to take a gigapan of my
workshop and somehow identify everything in it so i can find it later.