[Noisebridge-discuss] deep crack announcement .. tax issue/

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Oct 8 21:33:37 UTC 2009

Tom Longson (nym) wrote:
> I think of it as a deterrent to any foreigners visiting the space who may be
> worried about their Visas, again, justified or not. Bypassing DVD
> restrictions is not regarded as the same thing as a giant code breaking
> machine by LE.

Are you a foreigner? I'm mostly curious what basis your concern has?

> On another note, has anyone considered making field trips to wherever
> DeepCrack is currently? If it lived at the computer museum also, it would
> both educate newer generations on crypto, and most likely could be open to
> NB field trips, therefore maximizing historical and educational value.

I am sure that John would love for it to someday live in a museum. At
the moment, it's in his basement and I don't think he wants a field trip
of people to visit it. I think that's part of the reason that such a
project would be a nice thing to have happen.

Best,
Jake