[Noisebridge-discuss] Want to wire the middle east?

Ceren Ercen ceren at magnesium.net
Sat Oct 10 09:47:30 UTC 2009

the kind that has people to support it, design it, promote it locally in
those communities, has its own hardware, host it somewhere they can
reach it at with multiple routes, given the crappiness of internets
there, as well as failover locations, has extensive backups given its
vunerability as a political target, maybe building out power and a
"local" set of machines or minicolo there so it's not over satlink
only.... probably needs local access cybercafe centers, too, since few
people have home network connections and cybercafes are still in common
use...

See Talia Internet's work, for example.

- Ceren, who would happily go work out in the sandbox again.