[Noisebridge-discuss] Want to wire the middle east?

Thom Hastings tghastings at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 10:46:42 UTC 2009

Shameless plug for Meedan: www.meedan.net
Designed to "facilitate a dialogue" between English and Arabic speaking
countries on world events, current affairs, etc.

Cool site--uses a pretty good machine translation engine that's bootstrapped
by taking feedback and translation suggestions from users (facebook filed a
patent for this... fucking bullshit)

Crowd-sourced translation building translation memories to bootstrap machine
translation FTW