[Noisebridge-discuss] What do you want to learn?

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Mon Oct 12 03:29:55 UTC 2009

You know, rather than building a group each time around a topic and a
teacher, I'd like to be part of a learning group which met regularly and
picked topics to tackle.  Call it a 'meta-class,' we'd arrange for lecturers
and texts and whatnot as needed to take whatever it was we were learning.
 In treating learning as a project, it seems like we can get better at it,
and get better, as a group, at taking it on.

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  The other day I met Ramin, who started < http://unclasses.org >.  This
> is a website that connects people who want to learn something with people
> who want to teach something.  It's an interesting way for people and
> teachers to get together.  I suggested to him that Noisebridge might be a
> good place for people to consider teaching their classes.
>

> Mitch.
>

> ------------------
>
> > From: ninechars at gmail.com
> > Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:36:33 -0700
> > To: jason.dusek at gmail.com
> > CC: noisebridge-discuss at lists.noisebridge.net
> > Subject: Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] What do you want to learn?
>

> > Classes I would be interested in:
> >
> > --emacs-fu (++)
> > --Japanese language, especially kanji memorization and automated SRS
> stuff
> > --Too bad it didn't work before, I would sign up for a Ruby on Rails
> > intro for Web programmers
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Jason Dusek <jason.dusek at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > >  I stopped teaching Haskell class after I realized no one was
> > >  happy and I stopped teaching Ruby when I realized no one was
> > >  already doing a little Ruby in their spare time.
> > >
> > >  My initial enthusiasm took me a little ways but then...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jason Dusek
> > >

> > --
> > Luke Smith