[Noisebridge-discuss] sewing machines are a GO

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Wed Oct 14 06:18:54 UTC 2009

Current machine status:

Straight-stitch:
  Needs bobbin case & trace.  I expect to pick these parts up tomorrow.
 Machine will probably Just Work once I get those parts.

Serger:
  Functional in 3-thread mode.  Needs new second needle which I may also
be able to get tomorrow, to allow full 5-thread mode.  If you want to
use this, it works, but it WILL CUT YOU BADLY if you don't know what you
are doing, so if you don't know, get me to show you first.  Also, don't
un-thread it whatever you do!  Change thread by tying the new color onto
the cut ends of the old color, close to the cones, and pull the new
thread through.  If this doesn't make sense, get me to show you first.

Rachel