[Noisebridge-discuss] VPN from the noisebridge network.

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Thu Oct 15 03:36:36 UTC 2009

Excerpts from nils's message of Wed Oct 14 20:29:03 -0700 2009:
> Real IP addressess are available currently.  You should be able to
> manually configure your IP address to something in 2001:5a8:4:5631::/64 if
> your machine doesn't support rfc2462. :)

Well, that is if your office supports IPv6 VPN services!

Looks like this one doesn't (as far as I can tell) in this case.

On another note, is stateless autoconfiguration a good idea at
noisebridge? It leaks privacy information out to the world (your
interface's MAC address is used to construct your IP).

So, if you travel from subnet to subnet, your traffic can be correlated
between subnets.

If this scares you, you can manually select one from the
18,446,744,073,709,551,615 available in that subnet.

--j