[Noisebridge-discuss] how to deal with abandoned beverage containers

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Sun Oct 18 21:29:22 UTC 2009

* Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com> [091018 13:51]:
> if people can't pick up after themselves, they should be reminded to
> do so (politely at first, then more firmly). if, after some amount
> of reminding, they still can't seem to remember, they should be
> un-invited from NB.

I think part of the challenge is that it's not always so easy to
identify exactly who left what where, and to do so accurately would
take some degree of extra effort. I think there could be less
drastic approaches than un-inviting people from the space (though
I am concerned about rodents & roaches uninviting people). Perhaps
involving better feed-back loops plus collective communal effort &
awareness-raising.

I'm still leaning in favor of periodic cleaning sprints -- everyone
takes a break from mental mode & re-acquaints themselves with their
immediate physical reality. An opportunity for socializing AND
reminding people about the physical reality of their eating habits.

Where n1, n2, n3 & n4 are Noisebridgers in the 2169:

VOICE: it is now time for the midnight cleaning sprint...

n1: says to n4 "hi I'm so & so, what'cha working on over there?" (picks
    up a bag of takeout), says to the group "who's is this...?"
n2: (sheepishly pretending not to hear, suddenly gets busy with picking
    up a random saucer)
n3: "oh, I think that was his" (points to n2)
n2: "oh, thanks...uh forgot about that..." (a degree of awareness dawns)
n4: says to n1 "I'm updating the Noisebridge wiki section about cleaning
    sprints, what do you think about..."

And so on.

Maybe it could work like that? who knows...

John

--
John Magolske
http://B79.net/contact