[Noisebridge-discuss] Alcohol Vaporizor

Mark Cohen markc at binaryfaith.com
Tue Oct 20 23:49:43 UTC 2009

Not that I'm against breaking the law, but it is illegal to possess
one in many states :

(wiki)
The machine was introduced to the United States in August 2004. The
possible health and safety risks of inhaling alcohol vapors are
unknown and many legislators are promoting legislation to ban alcohol
inhalation machines. Michigan has made it illegal to possess, sell or
use an AWOL machine, and as of June 2008, 22 other states have banned
the device; Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida,
Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine,
Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio,
Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wyoming.
Support for such legislation comes from groups fighting underage
drinking and drunk driving, including alcohol companies such as Diageo
and industry groups such as the Distilled Spirits Council of the
United States (DISCUS), among others.

Might be fun to build to watch particles travel through.. Like the one
they use at the Exploratorium..

/Mark