[Noisebridge-discuss] OT: seriously considering buying a netbook

jim jim at well.com
Thu Oct 22 16:09:10 UTC 2009

   see what zareason has to offer. zareason is a linux-only
family run business in berkeley, notable for helping various
community efforts and promoting linux as well as women in
technology (Cathy Malmrose is the CEO, her husband Earl is
the chief technician, their two high-school-age sons are
the techies, though i understand they've now got an external
person employed). i've bought several computers from them
and love their service: i ask questions, i get answers (and
good answers!).
   http://www.zareason.com/shop/home.php

   here's a link to their Terra A20 Ubuntu Notebook ($349
base price):
http://www.zareason.com/shop/product.php?productid=16216&cat=250&page=1

   i'm interested in getting one of the above.
   if you want something less expensive, take a look at my
eee pc that i bought from them: the 900 series, $200, which
seems a bit low wrt to offerings on craigslist (mine is in
perfect condition and compares to a similar, but broken,
one advertised for $200 or the smaller ones advertised for
$200 or the larger ones advertised for $250 or more).

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/sys?query=eee&catAbbreviation=sys&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max