[Noisebridge-discuss] OT: seriously considering buying a netbook

Al Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Thu Oct 22 21:55:00 UTC 2009

I have one that I barely used that I picked up overseas (in London)
last October. I found the keyboard too small for my hands but it does
have built-in 3G if you put a sim in. It is an Advent 4213 (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/10/20/review_netbook_advent_4213/ or http://www.flickr.com/photos/ma10/sets/72157607564776010/
).

1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 processor
1GB of DDR 2 memory
10.2in, 1024 x 600 display
160GB SATA hard drive

I've wiped XP off of it and put Ubuntu on it but I haven't touched it
in probably six months. I'd sell it for $250 + $10 for the zip case to
carry it in if you wanted it. The only negative on it for someone else
is that I do have stickers on it that you'd probably want to remove
(but maybe not) for the EFF and such.

Al