[Noisebridge-discuss] MakerBot vs. RepRap

Martin Bogomolni martinbogo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 04:50:38 UTC 2009

Also -- MakerBot is geared toward postitive deposition of material.
ABS material in our case, and can make things about the size of a
cupcake.

A RepRap is able to have a toolhead switched out to do carving (by
installing a router) and can thus be used for creating objects by
removing material.   The RepRap is a slightly more flexible machine in
this regard.    See the McWire RepStrap for more info on a simple
RepRap style machine.   We have a completed McWire bot in the shop ..
somewhere.

-Martin