[Noisebridge-discuss] I am working through "The Implementation of Functional Programming Languages"

dpc weasel at meer.net
Tue Oct 27 15:52:58 UTC 2009

Crutcher Dunnavant <crutcher at gmail.com> writes:

> I've decided to work through Simon Peyton-Jones'
>
> The Implementation of Functional Programming Languages
> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/simonpj/papers/slpj-book-1987/index.htm

a book in a similar vein is quiennec's _lisp in small pieces_ (or
Principes d'implantation de Scheme et Lisp, in the french) goes through
some major implementation techniques (for functional langs) several
different ways (eg, naive interpreter to meta-compilation for generating
code).

\p
---
Our privileges can be no greater than our obligations.  The protection
of our rights can endure no longer than the performance of our
responsibilities. - John F. Kennedy