[Noisebridge-discuss] I made a Uservoice account for Noisebridge

Leif Ryge leif at synthesize.us
Thu Oct 29 01:32:57 UTC 2009

Ian wrote:
> http://noisebridge.uservoice.com/
>
> please let me know if you would like to help with working on this. it
> would be nice if one of the founding people were involved.
>
> also, we can do custom CSS and domain aliasing. if someone wants to
> take that on, please let me know as i do not have design skills and i
> do not have access to the DNS.
>
> i hope that this tool will help everyone in noisebridge get more out
> of the space.
>
> thanks,
>
> ian

I prefer not to have noisebridge DNS advertising for-profit services,
even (or especially) if we get a special pass to use them for free. I
don't see it as free; I see it as your company offering to trade us a
clearly valuable service in exchange the (also valuable) result of us
publicly using it, which obviously enhances their brand equity. There
are several companies with which I might be OK with this arrangement,
but this service looks particularly unsavory: Important features like
SSL, data export, and the API are all omitted from the few affordable
tiers. Encouraging people to check their data into roach motels isn't
something that noisebridge should be contributing to, in my opinion.
~leif