[Noisebridge-discuss] Be Excellent to one another

Ani Niow v at oneletterwonder.com
Thu Oct 29 19:47:52 UTC 2009

You know, all this incessant bullshit drama could have simply been
solved by following this very basic social guideline that I am truly
surprised so many here do not realise.

>From IRC:

"whether or not you think someone is being overly sensitive, the
correct way to handle it is to say "i'm sorry i offended you" and move
the fuck on."

Read, rinse, repeat. In case you didn't see it in this thread, I'm
printing it out to place it on the door in the space.

If you seriously want to have an argument with the person that was
offended why they shouldn't be offended or some other bullshit most of
us lurkers stopped caring abut long ago, please do it in private.
Please don't drag the rest of the mailing list into this. We're all
adults here and I'm sure we can think of better things to do with our
time than create even more unnecessary drama.

I think most people participating have completely ignored the subject
of this ENTIRE thread which is "be excellent to each other". There is
a whole rash of unexcellence going on in both the liserv so please
stop and let us focus the incredible amount of energy that we are able
to expend on this thread alone and use it for more productive things,
like cleaning the fucking space later today.

-Ani