[Noisebridge-discuss] Poor behavior at Noisebridge (Was fundraising)

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 22:40:03 UTC 2009

I thought the band already knew a bit about us when they arrived as well.
It's not my taste in music, but I certainly won't criticize them for that.
They knew what kind of event they were coming to.  If I recall, they left
before I did and I didn't see any significant trouble from their direction.

I did, however hear about some astonishingly poorly behaved people out on
the balcony, and I hope whoever was doing that is properly embarrassed.  I
know I'm embarrassed to be associated with them, whether they're members or
not.  It sounds like from Rubin's description there was other idiocy going
on last night as well.

I guess I consider it hugely not excellent to trash a place before we've
even really moved in.  I know folks were giddy last night and it was cool to
have an event in the huge space but that's no excuse.  If you don't treat
our things better than that, then you won't have the cool things we spent
(was it wasted?) all that time building for very long.

Don't ever expect others around you to be more excellent than you.

Christie
---
Pigs can fly given sufficient thrust.
    - RFC 1925