[Noisebridge-discuss] Five Minutes of Fame September pillowtalk

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 01:19:28 UTC 2009

Greetings everyone,

Thank you to everyone who came out for 5MoF last night. I think it was the
smoothest show we've ever run, even though we had a few new elements. Our
attendance head-count was somewhere around 80, and there were 51 people
tuned into the netcast at its peak. That's like 3 or four times the numbers
of August.

I want to thank Ani Niow for designing the fliers, handling the slides, and
letting me bounce all my ideas off her. Thanks to Eddie, Miloh, James, and
Naomi for working on the audio/visual, including the live stream. Thanks to
Shannon, Jeffrey, Rubin, Zedd, Ben, and many more for working their asses
off to make sure 2169 was actually usable for this month. Given how many
people showed up, I don't want to think about what that crowd would have
been like at 83c. Thanks to all the speakers, and of course, thanks to
everyone who showed up and made the event fucking rock.

A few credits: the videos we played were "Fifty Percent Gray" by Ruairi
Robinson, "Moving Illustrations of Machines" by Jeremy Solterbeck, and "Life
and Times of Emperor Norton" by Danno.

Most important, a thanks to the late Emperor Norton I for issuing a decree,
just for Noisebridge, from beyond the grave. Last night was dedicated to his
memory.

Hail Eris,
aestetix