[Noisebridge-discuss] Kitchen Problems

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 08:00:05 UTC 2009

  We don't have much food storage space at Noisebridge and we
  don't have a good sink (it is already slowing). So:

 .  If you cook -- for yourself or the community -- please throw
    everything away at nightfall. I am weary of finding places
    for large pots of potatoes, vegetable soup and so on. There
    are rats at Noisebridge.

 .  Please do not make a pot of soup/stew/ragout for the
    community if there is already a large pot of soup out for
    the community. Today I threw away two pots of soup and a
    thing of potatoes with meat and such.

 .  Please clean all the ladles, knives, pots and pans used for
    cooking -- the "kitchen dishes" -- so that they are ready
    for use by the next person.

 .  Please be absolutely scrupulous about drying knives and
    putting them in their sheathes if they have one. I am
    always disappointed to discover my nice knife thrown on to
    a pile of knives, ready to be chipped and bent at the edge.

  A kitchen has two virtues: cleanliness and throughput.
  Throwing things out and washing dishes are both supportive of
  these virtues. Saving things for later and piling up dishes
  are two sides of the same coin. When in doubt, throw it out.

--
Jason Dusek