[Noisebridge-discuss] NYC Resistor member just moved to San Francisco, says Hi!

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 02:53:49 UTC 2009

Hey Gian!
Sounds like you'd be interested in LoveTech, a homebrew electronics / music
/ performance group whose membership overlaps with Noisebridge somewhat.
 The next LoveTech event is coming up this weekend, Saturday the 12th of
September.

http://www.lovetechsf.com/

They're definitely the video art / Arduino / MaxMSP / other-elect droids
you're looking for.

You might also be interested in SF's 87.9FM - Pirate Cat Radio - of which I
am a part. This is more from a performance point of view - you could form a
relationship with one of our electronic music focused DJs or become a DJ
yourself - but we're always looking for technical people (I'm one of a
pathetically small percentage of our 80 or so members who knows their way
around Linux, icecast, and mixing boards).

Tangentially, I've been wanting to get a small group of motivated
electronics neophytes  from Pirate Cat over to NoiseBridge to start learning
the basics of how to keep studio performance gear in good shape.

As for me, I'm getting interested in automating post-production with FOSS
command line tools, since I do a lot of work with recorded material
(podcasts, video, etc), and I'd like to investigate waveform feature
analysis to that end.

[/handshaking]

Cheers,
Naomi

<http://www.lovetechsf.com/>

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Gian Pablo Villamil <gian.pablo at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello Noisebridge!
>
> I'm Gian Pablo Villamil, an early member of NYC Resistor, and I've
> just moved to San Francisco. NYCR is/was an important part of my life,
> and I'd really like to be a part of Noisebridge.
>
> My interests are mostly in the area of video art, including
> OpenSoundControl coding (http://villamil.org/?p=738) and panoramic
> video (http://villamil.org/?p=621). I actually have access to a
> panoramic video camera, and am looking for projects.
>
> I also have a deep & abiding interest in electronic musical
> instruments (some projects here:
> http://itp.nyu.edu/~gpv206/2007_fall/arduino_audio/).
>
> I graduated last year from the ITP program at NYU (itp.nyu.edu), a
> program I'm sure many of you are aware of.
>
> At Resistor, I've been teaching classes on microcontroller audio, and
> on interfacing microcontrollers to computers using the Processing
> environment.  I'm also comfortable with all sorts of stuff related to
> video, including live performance (VJing), Max/MSP/Jitter programming,
> video editing, etc.
>
> I already know some of you, and look forward to meeting all of you
> soon! I'll see what I can do to help with the move to the new space -
> sounds exciting!
>
> gp

---
Naomi Most