[Noisebridge-discuss] Hacker Dojo / NB reciprocal membership WAS: Hacker Dojo up and running, and in the mainstream news

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Sat Sep 12 23:38:09 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Naomi Most's message of Sat Sep 12 05:35:41 -0700 2009:
> Yes.
>
> Relatedly, I've been thinking about revisiting my years spent developing
> around Asterisk and instating a hackerspace-spanning telco over VOIP.

Sounds like a worthy idea, though getting everyone to interoperate might
be tricky. It seems that almost everyone has a different opinion as to
how this stuff should function.

I think having some public SIP addresses other spaces can call into and
maintaining a hacerspace-local list of addresses would make it
possible for other people to connect as they please.

There's even alreday an asterisk setup going on at the 83c space. The
red payphone and Cisco VoIP desk phone hook into it with SIP.

--j