[Noisebridge-discuss] who wants to be a press contact?

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Sep 17 19:39:01 UTC 2009

Andy Isaacson wrote:
> We're only going to get more attention now that we're hosting nontrivial
> events and have space to accomodate more awesomeness.  Does anyone have
> experience dealing with the press?
>
> Is anybody excited to be a "press secretary" for Noisebridge, coordinate
> interview requests, respond to reporters' questions in a timely manner,
> et cetera?
>
> Quinn, how long are you in town and would you be willing to lead a
> "dealing with the press, for hackers" workshop before you leave?

I've been doing this a great deal (especially when talking about
Noisebridge related projects). I don't mind giving some pointers to
people. In general though, I think it's good to just have temporary
people. I'm not a good person to talk about our upcoming party but I'm a
good person to talk about some of the research that we've produced...

Best,
Jake