[Noisebridge-discuss] Google Chrome Frame for IE

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Wed Sep 23 09:50:27 UTC 2009

Glen Jarvis wrote, On 2009/09/22 18:20:
> For those of you who are web developers and realize that IE is
> evil....   Google has a very slick answer :)
>
> http://blog.chromium.org/2009/09/introducing-google-chrome-frame.html

I don't understand how this is useful? The user still has to install an
IE plugin, why wouldn't they just start using a not broken browser? Is
the argument that it's easier to get away with blocking the user from
viewing a site until the install this plugin better then blocking the
user and redirecting them to the download page for a newer browser?

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net