[Noisebridge-discuss] Google Chrome Frame for IE

Tom Longson (nym) tomlong at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 18:09:44 UTC 2009

The big problem as far as I can see it is the market that this really is
critical for, are the business folks who are unable to upgrade browsers due
to corporate policies, and the chrome frame, like any plugin, requires
administrator rights to install.
So, what does that mean? Someone from IT has to support it. Sure, this may
improve Chrome's numbers, but it doesn't quite address the reason why so
many of us web developers still need to support crapware like internet
explorer. Until IT around the world give up on Internet Explorer, it's still
going to be a PITA.

Cheers,
Tom Longson (nym)
http://tomlongson.com