[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge needs and herb garden.

Ceren Ercen ceren at magnesium.net
Fri Sep 25 06:53:38 UTC 2009

Like we've said, the roof is only residential-grade. we can't "deal"
ourselves out of that situation. it can't stand the weight of loads of
people, and dirt is very very heavy.

Also it's probably a bad idea, illegal, and a street-facing safety
violation to put planters on the _fire_escape_. As much as I'd like to
break arms of fuckwits, it's not a lounge, it's a FIRE ESCAPE.

I might suggest long window boxes stacked vertically every couple or so,
INSIDE the windows, if we can securely bolt each side to a load-bearing
stud?

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/gardening/outdoors-in-idea-from-casasugar-086058

or

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/8/view/4818/nature-individuelle-by-patrick-nadeau.html
scroll down to "horizon 90"

https://shop.strato.de/epages/Store7.sf/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61194434/Products/Steckling

I'd like to design solid, classy, modern boxes that stretch across the
span of the windows without covering then up too much. A sublayer of
water-retaining gel or one of the various arduino-controlled
moisture-sensing setups would be good, too.