[Noisebridge-discuss] laser cutter.... CNC plasma cutter for the boxshop

Ceren Ercen ceren at magnesium.net
Tue Sep 29 04:06:40 UTC 2009

With the richness of resources around the SF Bay Area, BoxShop,
TechShop, etc, I personally just don't feel any urge to have a
lasercutter at Noisebridge. These are amazing tools, but having our
/own/ seems a little redundant.

But I must be missing something, or there wouldn't be so much excitement
about the idea.... is there a substantial benefit to not going to use
these other places' machinery, and buying/running/maintaining our own
instead?

Can we quantify what the factors are that make some items more
attractive to host our own copy of, and which tools we can try to
establish "links" to through the local community?

- ceren