[Noisebridge-discuss] Access control and the DJ booth

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Wed Sep 30 22:11:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Matt Peterson <matt at peterson.org> wrote:
> The shelfs
> haven't scaled too well and leave very 'security' options - short of a
> postit note (which should be enough for our 'do awesome' member
> guidelines, right?)

FWIW, I feel that a postit note (or somewhat more organized equivalent
like my cc4stuff stickers idea) ought to be completely sufficient. I
personally have no problem simply relying on social-contract civility;
I don't believe that one needs to have "Rules" and "Policing".

Except for two issues:
a) some people have expressed outright antagonism for any form of
property ownership; this removes my willingness to trust them (and by
extension, the group in general) to respect such notes, and

b) we regularly have unvetted, inebriated people around (eg at 5MoFs,
which are getting bigger all the time [which is great]), who so far
seem to be in majority cool people (which is great), but it only takes
one asshole / thief to spoil things - so a locked area for party times
would be a good idea IMO, even if it's only locked in the same sense
that our front door is

- Sai