[Noisebridge-discuss] A visitor from the UK.

Andrew Back arback at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 20:39:15 UTC 2010

Hello Noisebridgers,

I'm a maker/artist/geek (or thereabouts) from the UK, heading over to San
Francisco on Thursday, and was hoping I might be able to visit Noisebridge
and perhaps even join the odd activity.

By way of an introduction I work on a mixture of open source strategy stuff,
systems admin, and hardware hacking when I can [1]. I'm in the process of
trying to relearn stuff I once knew when I worked in electronics, and making
things along the way. And was involved in helping to set up and run two
hackspaces in Glasgow (Scotland) - e.g. Electron Club [2] - before moving to
London last year.

Would also be grateful of any suggestions of good places for geeks to visit
whilst there. I went to the Computer History Museum last year, and have been
given the names of a few surplus places to visit. In terms of timing I guess
I'll be around from Friday until next Tuesday evening. I'm actually around
until a week Saturday (17th), but have to work Wed - Fri of next week (Linux
Foundation conference).

Cheers,

[1] http://osmosoft.com
[2] http://www.electronclub.org