[Noisebridge-discuss] A visitor from the UK.

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Tue Apr 6 20:53:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Andrew Back <arback at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Noisebridgers,

Welcome!

> I'm a maker/artist/geek (or thereabouts) from the UK, heading over to San
> Francisco on Thursday, and was hoping I might be able to visit Noisebridge
> and perhaps even join the odd activity.

Fellow geeks are always welcome to just drop by. ;-)

This Thursday will probably be fairly quiet (I don't see anything
scheduled). Usually Tuesday evenings and 3rd Thursdays are the
busiest.

> Would also be grateful of any suggestions of good places for geeks to visit
> whilst there.

A lot of people like the Exploratorium. It's IMO a little too
child-focused (i.e. you'll probably have seen a lot of it before at
least conceptually, rather than it being a pure cornucopia of
newness), but still, it has a whole lot of exhibits that are neat to
play with. Very hackery.

There are nearby museums that are fairly good, like the DeYoung art
museum and the California Academy of Sciences (these two are literally
across the street from each other). Not sure what you'd be into.

HTH,
- Sai