[Noisebridge-discuss] hacks/hackers gaffta conference tonight

Lee Hepner lhepner7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 22:20:06 UTC 2010

Hey all,

It's a bit last minute, but some of you might be interested in this event
tonight, titled "Hacks/Hackers: An evening with Stamen Design" at Gray Area
Foundation For the Arts (GAFFTA).  To quote:

"Journalists call themselves “hacks,” someone who can churn out words in any
situation. Hackers use the digital equivalent of duct tape to whip out code.
Hacker-journalists try and bridge the two worlds.

This group is to bring all these people together — those who are working to
help people make sense of their world. It’s for hackers exploring
technologies to filter and visualize information, and for journalists who
use technology to find and tell stories. In the age of information overload,
all their work has become even more crucial."

Despite a somewhat narrow and simplistic definition of the term "hacker," I
suspect it will be an interesting talk.  I know that there is a bit of
interest around NB in the idea of meta-information and the value in
information aggregation.  It starts at 7pm.  Maybe I'll see you there.

Best,

Lee