[Noisebridge-discuss] Noiseproofing the Church classroom

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Fri Apr 9 18:03:50 UTC 2010

In a completely different thread, Sai mentioned a suggestion that I've been
thinking something about:

> One more to add to the prior list is to have a normal piano in a
> soundproof(able) room... which actually is something that would be
> Nice To Have for general recording purposes also. It would probably be
> well combined with a greenscreen to be a general mini a/v studio. I'm
> sure that this would be beneficial to a lot more people than just the
> (piano) musicians amongst us.

Although I don't think that classrooms fit this purpose, I have been
thinking about the classrooms and noise and this triggered me to be vocal. I
know that I would use the Church classroom more if we found a way to add
some extra noise proofing to the top of the walls.  Jim has given me some
good suggestions that I have not followed-up on.

I don't have the time to work on this now, and I know this is a do-acracy
(put up or shut up). So, in the far future, if I found some extra noise
proofing method for the classroom, and implemented would anyone object?
(Please <strike>block</strike> object now to save me the bother of putting
extra energy/thought into this :) ) You have plenty of time to think about
this since I don't currently have the time or funds.

If this spawns someone else's interest to do this, I'm all for that too...

Cheers,

Glen
--
Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe