[Noisebridge-discuss] "Hackers" playing at The Castro Theatre tonight

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 13:45:31 UTC 2010

The most amazing (and awful, and stupid, and wonderful) movie about hackers from Hollywood is playing at The Castro Theatre tonight at 9:30pm.  If I weren't going to be at NASA for Yuri's Night, I'd be at this, for sure!  It's playing a triple-bill with "The Gate" (at 7:30pm) and "Prince of Darkness" (at 11:45pm) -- all three films for $10 bucks.

http://www.castrotheatre.com/coming-soon.html

If you have never been to The Castro Theatre, please do go check it out sometime, if not tonight.  It is one of the few remaining single-screen movie palaces in the world, complete with curtains that open up before the film starts, and with The Mighty Wurlitzer theatre organ played live before each film.  Beautifully, gaudy, and rococco architecture all around.  And real butter on their popcorn (for the non-vegans)!

Mitch.