[Noisebridge-discuss] Termperature sensor datalogger

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Sun Apr 11 02:39:35 UTC 2010

I am doing a diy bio experiment on survival rate of e. Coli after
freezing (with different cryo agents). I'd like to make a quick
arduino data logger.

I need to measure temperatures around -20 degrees C (about -4 degrees
F.)

I did something like this with my Lego mindstoms sometime back - but
it was for a very short amount of time.

I need to take regular measurements (like once every 15 min) for a
month.

Does anyone know a good vendor for a temperature sensor in this range?
What are the issues I may encounter operating a battery in sub zero
freezing temperatures on an ongoing basis? I don't mind changing out
batteries or retrieving device for data retrieval once per day.

Glen