[Noisebridge-discuss] Termperature sensor datalogger

Lee Sonko leelist at lee.org
Sun Apr 11 03:54:56 UTC 2010

A thermister is probably what you want.

maybe Jameco product 207037
http://tinyurl.com/ydgvzgo

The resistance changes according to a curve so it needs to be massaged a
little. This should do it for you.
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/ComponentLib/Thermistor2

If I remember correctly, it's accurate to about +-0.2 degrees.

For the batteries at subzero temperatures... ugh. Buy extra batteries? This
cheap charger works great:
http://lee.org/blog/2008/07/10/vanson-8-aa-nicad-nimh-battery-charger/